[NAFEX] Sour cherry cultivars for zone 6b/7a

david liezen chandos49 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 12 22:47:56 EST 2011

English Morello is an old cv. (more like the botanic equivalent of a land race) that does very well here in zone 5/6. It blooms and ripens late, but with a bit of care (netting, or red beads to fake out birds) i have enjoyed excellent crops. I didn't use the decoy spray contemplated for this year and had much fewer maggots than last year. It was a record-late spring.Worth a try, and quite compact a tree.                      Dave Liezen Spokane, WA