[NAFEX] chipmunk silo

Alan Haigh alandhaigh at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 13:17:47 EST 2011

The post I made about the squirrel silo probably should have had this title
now that I've done further research.  I am even more impressed with the
ingenuity of an even smaller animal and this one is not nearly as big a
fruit pest- except to my blueberries.  Well, they also eat holes into my
peaches and destroy a certain amount of green peaches and pears- but
they're much easier to control than squirrels.

Now I know to get filberts I have to exclude both chipmunks and squirrels
from my property.  That's actually good news for my birds because while
researching this issue I also learned that like squirrels, chipmunks climb
trees to eat bird eggs and hatchlings.