[NAFEX] Parafilm

Lucky Pittman lpittman at murraystate.edu
Thu Dec 8 16:24:32 EST 2011

Chris,
I was taught to graft using Parafilm - and use it on virtually everything I
graft.
But, as Hector indicated, tensile strength is not its strong point - and it
will degrade somewhat as UV light affects it, so, I always wrap with a
budding rubber in addition - though with fast-callusing stuff like
apples/pears, sometimes I just over-wrap the graft union with a couple of
layers of masking tape.

Lucky