[NAFEX] Parafilm

Hector Black hblack1925 at fastmail.fm
Thu Dec 8 16:01:43 EST 2011

I've used it a great deal for both large and small grafts, and for budding.
I somtimes need a rubber strip to hold the graft tight as the parafilm has a
limited amount of tensile strength and will break if you pull it too tight,
especially in cool weather.  It's excellent for keeping  the graft moist and
eventually will fall off after the graft union is completed.  Buds come
right through it with no trouble when chip budding.
    I think the roll might be 2 in. wide and I pull off as much as I think
I'll need, fold it on itself lengthwise and then stretch it and wrap around
the graft or bud.   It sticks to itself as long as it's not cold, making a
good tight cover and usually enough strength to hold the graft or bud
together.
     Hector black, zone 6 middle tn