[NAFEX] petunia volunteers [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

ADAMSON, Karl Karl.Adamson at apvma.gov.au
Wed Dec 7 18:22:14 EST 2011

UNCLASSIFIED

I grow trailing varieties.  Its hits -8c where I am and they are on the veranda in hanging baskets so maybe a bit of protection.  They die back in the winter but resprout in the spring from seemingly dead stalks.  They are weaker in their second year. But they still give a good showing. You can also use them for cuttings in the spring but watch the mildew.

If its colder where you are maybe just cover them with a bit of soil to protect them some more.

The seedlings are SO slow to get going, but they do provide for a continual renewal of plants and yes the F2's are all over the place in terms of colour and form. But they are still lovely plants in hanging baskets.

Karl
IMPORTANT: This email may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the addressee you may not copy, use or rely on the contents of this email or any attachment. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this transmission.