[NAFEX] petunia volunteers

Brungardt, Sam (MPCA) Sam.Brungardt at state.mn.us
Tue Dec 6 10:53:16 EST 2011

Jerry, anytime I've let volunteer petunia seedlings grow up from seed from a hybrid parent, they were not the same as the parent.  Often, they look like the old-fashioned "vining" petunias that were grown years ago (white, lavender, pink).  I believe the Wave petunias are hybrids, and you'll probably see something similar once the volunteer seedlings come into flower. -- Sam Brungardt, St. Paul, Minn.  (USDA hardiness zone 4b)