[NAFEX] elderberries stem toxicity

Jay Cutts orders at cuttsreviews.com
Sat Aug 27 22:56:20 EDT 2011

I once got violently ill after eating elderberries right off the bush.
Days later, when I had finally recovered, I did some research and found
that the elderberry stems contain a toxin. I had stripped the berries
right off the clusters with my teeth (Ok, it was really hot out and I
was really parched and I didn't have the patience to pick one berry at a
time.)

Any run into this? When  you mentioned bits of stem being included I
thought of this.

Regards,

Jay

Jay Cutts
Director, Cutts Graduate Reviews
Lead Author, Barron's Test Prep Publications
(800) 353-4898
In New Mexico, (505) 281-0684
10 am to 10 pm Mountain Time, 7 days