[NAFEX] a little more on Haskap

John Bunker john.p.bunker at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 06:48:10 EDT 2011

It is my understanding that some or even many Haskap varieties will
not pollinate (or "pollinize') one another.  A variety with compatible
and viable pollen is required.  Thus, Honeyberry USA recommends the
variety, "Berry Blue" as the pollen source.  The fruit, evidently, is
not as large and sweet as Tundra and Borealis, but the plant is needed
none the less.  I should add that I am still very much the novice when
it comes to these plants.  Others will certainly know more than I.
Please correct me, someone, if I am wrong.

John Bunker
Fedco
trees at fedcoseeds.com
www.fedcoseeds.com