[NAFEX] University researchers working to perfect haskapberries for Canada (Vancouver Sun)

mIEKAL aND qazingulaza at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 09:21:15 EDT 2011

I got 25 Crimson Passion from Honeyberry USA, this year, & tho they
were tiny tissue culture plants 8" high, most of them are a very
vigorous 3' now after 2 1/2 months in the ground.  I'm assuming the
Haskaps are tissue culture as well.

I also have been really annoyed by the Haskap name until I discovered
that the word is an ancient Ainu word for the fruit, which convinced
me it was a good choice of name.  Plus without "honeysuckle" in the
name people's invasive plant alarms won't go off so quickly.

~mIEKAL