[NAFEX] Transplanting Trees and Shrubs

mIEKAL aND qazingulaza at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 08:48:17 EDT 2011

Ernest, I've used 3 or 4 kinds of tubes.  Lately I'm using the 2'
clipper grow tubes, which are a single piece of plastic that circles
around. I use cable tied to close them & hold them to a bamboo stake.
They can be taken off & reused without having to cut the tube. Also
the 2' size seems to me much less likely to build up greenhouse effect
because they are shorter.

Here's a link to a description & picture of them.

http://www.treessentials.com/vineyard-products-clipper-grow-tubes.html

That said I'm still reusing most of the tubes that I bought in the
early 90s which are an enclosed brown corrugated style (don't remember
the brand).

~mIEKAL