[NAFEX] Transplanting Trees and Shrubs

Bob Hartman hartmansfruit at msn.com
Thu Aug 18 14:22:02 EDT 2011

mIEKAL,

My losses from the voles here come from them eating all the roots off.  I've
had tree where above the ground the tree is whole.  The only problem you see
during the winter time is that the tree is tipped over unless it is staked.
I've had it where I pull the tree out of the ground and it is like the tree
was put into a pencil sharpener.  All the roots have been chewed off.  Are
you saying all your chews are above ground?  I've had some chews above
ground but 95-99% are below ground level.

Bob
Western Washington