[NAFEX] Transplanting Trees and Shrubs

David Consolvo fruitopia at firstva.com
Thu Aug 18 12:47:54 EDT 2011

I agree with you Barbara about it being best to plant in late Fall, but if it is a
species tasty to voles, then the voles have all winter to find it.  Apples are
particularly susceptible.  And voles seem especially hungry in February and early
March.

Moreover, dwarfing roots (i.e. weak roots) make it harder for the roots to outpace
the voles.
~David Consolvo
Hungrytown, VA