[NAFEX] The pawpaw's stamp of approval (Christian Science Monitor)

mIEKAL aND qazingulaza at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 22:41:39 EDT 2011

Dan, I'm by no means a pawpaw expert, but my understanding is that
they are dioescious, meaning the male & female flowers are on separate
trees.  I have all PA Golden growing.  I had never tasted pawpaw fruit
& was fully expecting that they would be an "acquired" taste but I was
quite surprised by the custardy banana / mango flavor.  The small pile
of fruits I got disappeared as soon as they were ripe.  I now have
about 10 seeds from them recently sprouted in the greenhouse.

If you search pawpaw in the archives you'll come up with some other
short season varieties.

If you're in the twin cities you actually have a longer season than I
do here.....

~mIEKAL