[NAFEX] Question

Caren Kirk quirky at videotron.ca
Tue Aug 16 19:52:56 EDT 2011

  Dear all, came back from vacation to this very interesting
conversation about the e-mail list and the NAFEX forum.

I happen to be one of those Canadians who uses the list but is not a
NAFEX member. I joined the list actually to contact someone after having
been referred from another fruit growers forum. I happily abandoned that
forum pretty much for this list, firstly because of the ease of
the"PUSH" system of e-mail, but mainly because of the quality of the
discussions and knowledge of the subscribers.

Three years later I have learned an incredible amount from this list
about all sorts of subjects that I would possibly have never imagined to
research on a forum (and I do a LOT of internet research).

I too have very little income and am only an amateur backyard grower.
Therefore, although toying with the idea, I have not subscribed to
NAFEX, believing that most members, and POMONA contributers for example,
are professional cultivators who make their living or part of it through
agriculture.

As a non-member, I realise wholeheartedly that my opinion does not count
in this debate. But I would say that I would be sad to see the great
resource that is this list disappear.

Kudos to everyone, I say, who takes their time to share any knowledge
they have about fruit growing with the rest of us. I thank you.

Caren Kirk
St. Jerome, QC