[NAFEX] Question

david.maxwell at dal.ca david.maxwell at dal.ca
Sun Aug 14 16:46:54 EDT 2011

Deb's comment about the email listserv kind of slipped by without people noticing.  This
listserv is an interesting phenomenon.  Despite the name, it actually has no official
relationship to NAFEX at all.  It is hosted by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill,
one of a very large number of "public domain" distribution lists managed by them in the public
interest, and is neither moderated, controlled by, nor indeed associated with NAFEX in any
way, (other than that a former NAFEX member got it set up). Given this, obviously the
membership in the list is equally divorced from NAFEX as an organisation - anybody can join,
and in fact, at least in Canada, the majority of members are not NAFEX members at all.

The recently created forum is wholly a child of NAFEX.  Only paid-up NAFEX members will
be able to access it.  The contents will not be shared with the email listserv, nor vice versa,
and, since the audience will be different, (anybody in the world for the listserv, paid-up
NAFEX members for the forum), it is likely that the content will similarly differ.