[NAFEX] Pears are Early

Louis Pittman lucky.pittman at murraystate.edu
Sun Aug 14 14:31:00 EDT 2011

Yep.  Been battling - well, actually, not battling, but trying to make the
best of the situation - the birds for the past couple of weeks - really
pecking the heck out of the pears - and once they make a hole, the wasps,
yellowjackets, and hornets - I've seen both the big European and white-faced
types - come in and rapidly consume them, leaving only a skin and core.
Have been picking everything that looks close to ripe every couple of days -
and picking all the damaged pears, trimming, slicing, and drying in the
dehydrator.

Lucky Pittman
Hopkinsville, KY