[NAFEX] forum versus email

Chris Garriss cgarriss at garriss.net
Thu Aug 11 12:58:18 EDT 2011

I have (many) years of NAFEX emails stored in folders / subfolders of my
email client - and backed up on an external drive.  Actually, I think I have
every message to NAFEX, except the "out of office" kind of things, whether
or not I was interested in the topic - times & interests change - for quite
a few years.  Since I use Seamonkey (a Mozilla browser / email package
combination) the email is in a format (mbox) that Seamonkey, Thunderbird and
a number of other mail programs use / recognize.  I have the messages
threaded and the client supports a good search methodology.  So I can search
on subjects, people (to / from / sender / cc  / etc) within the body of the
email, dates, size, attachment status and other criteria.

I much prefer email to fora, not least because I can save (or not) as i
please, and the history is easily available.