[NAFEX] Norland Apples

Ernest Plutko ernestplutko at wiktel.com
Thu Aug 11 11:30:39 EDT 2011

There was some discussion here a few weeks ago about whether Norland
apples are round or elongated.  The answer is both.  I saw several
Norland apple trees yesterday and both trees had elongated and round
apples on them.  My wife made an apple cake using Norland apples and
the apples were tart and had a good taste.  I am having a hard time
raising apple trees here because they usually die after a few
winters.  Norland is zone 2 and should make it.  Fingers crossed.

zone 2 Minnesota