[NAFEX] Forum and Pomona

Leslie Moyer unschooler at lrec.org
Wed Aug 10 23:50:15 EDT 2011

I think the forum will die a natural death.  I would suggest that anyone who wants to stay here and talk just stay here and talk. Unless the board votes to completely kill this list (which I haven't heard anyone say yet), then I think this issue will take care of itself.

I think that Pomona switched too quickly to the online version before the editor and/or webmaster had the kinks worked out.  The first 2 or 3 issues were IMPOSSIBLY annoying to access and I think it gave many people a very bad impression of an already-contentious issue.  However, with this summer 2011 issue, it is finally available as ONE pdf file and can be downloaded more quickly, read more easily and printed out fairly easily.  Personally, I still don't like some things about it (the fact that I have to go to the website and log in to get it), but I'm willing to live with that.  I don't think it's unreasonable, however, to offer a "printed membership" to those who would rather receive a paper copy.  "Growing For Market" and other magazines do this.

I'm appreciative of the volunteers working on these issues. It's a sign of how important this group is to people that our emotions run high about it!

Leslie Moyer