[NAFEX] Krymsk-1 Prunus rootstock

R F Hollaus hollaus at comcast.net
Thu Apr 7 12:48:34 EDT 2011

Hi Jerry,

I have Zaiger's patented z-stem scions dormant in the fridge. They are patented so I'm rather careful using these. I am using them to graft on cherry rootstocks and then plum on top. The patent describes using them on citation rootstocks and then growing cherry trees but I have found the z-stem themselves to be bushier on cherry roots.

Because of the patent it's probably best to keep it quiet, so -shh, or zaiger might have some authority to take them away from here. (I'm not selling, just experimenting for myself)

The short of it is I would be interested to find out if krymsk-1 will do a better job then citation under all this for cherries. I would be willing to try some if you have any left to see how it would work for me for cherry.

By the way the z-stem is prunus cerasifera.

Rupert.