[NAFEX] grey fuzz on scions

mike engle speigletown at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 6 17:20:24 EDT 2011

Last week I cut some scionwood off of my vines(cayuga white) and some wild concord vines. Cleaned them up, dipped them in rooting hormone and put them in a black trash bag , wrapped in damp paper towers.  I put them in a room which is 75-80 degrees.  I took a look at them today, a week later and there is some grey fuzz on some of the scion wood.   Is this a fungus?

also, unless I'm clueless, I'm not seeing any callus, only some of the buds are pushing.

  Should I start over next year, keep on going and put them in "soil" or something else?  I may be able to get a picture, if that would help.

Michael Engle
Troy, NY - Zone 5