[NAFEX] hawthorn

Ernest Plutko ernestplutko at wiktel.com
Tue Jun 29 21:27:11 EDT 2010

There is a roadside park a few miles from my house.  The park is
filled with hawthorn bushes not trees.  The hawthorn berries are dry
with no flavor.  Some people here make jelly from them.  A woman told
me she uses red coloring and adds flavoring to the jelly.  I don't
understand why even try to make jelly from the hawthorns. A few years
I planted hundreds of hawthorn berries in my garden but none of them
germinated.
I wanted bushes for the birds.  Possibly the mice ate them over the
winter.