[NAFEX] Fleshy Hawthorne

Jay Cutts orders at cuttsreviews.com
Tue Jun 29 12:18:52 EDT 2010

I think the original question was about the taste of certain hawthorns
that are advertised as being a bit "juicier" than others.  It sounds
like so far no one has actually tasted these fruits.  I'd also be very
interested to hear if someone has.

I originally got a C. douglasii to experiment with these and then got
what is listed as a Cherry Hawthorn. Both are growing for me here at
7000 ft in NM but no where near blooming size yet. The fact that they
have survived here is significant because, even though we are rather far
south, the altitude and harsh conditions cause us to lose many trees.
For comparison sake, Illinois Everbearing mulberry has not been able to
survive, though another one called Northrup has. Can't get any of the
Juglans to survive.  The tops of raspberries rarely survive. So these
hawthorns have at least proven their hardiness.

Regards,

Jay

Jay Cutts
Director, Cutts Graduate Reviews
Lead Author, Barron's Test Prep Publications
800-353-4898 day or eve, 7 days
(In NM, 505-281-0684)