[NAFEX] making a gift for a friend (fruits for Kentucky)

Chris Garriss cgarriss at garriss.net
Mon Jun 21 19:53:50 EDT 2010

Interesting observations about Korean Giant.   I had one in a previous small
orchard - central NC near Chapel Hill.   Got it from Bear Creek many years
ago.  It grew well, flowered and set fruit well.  Fruit were large, crisp,
juicy and sweet.   All around excellent.   I had few if any disease
problems.   Even the ubiquitous Japanese beetles left them alone - unlike
the apples, plums, cherries, medlars, peaches and European pears I grew.  We
have hot and humid summers here with winters that often have exceptionally
warm spells.  Tree always performed well.  I don't know what stock it was
grafted on and I have been gone from there for 20 years.   Still in NC, but
a different area.   Chris

On Jun 21, 2010 7:36 PM, "Lucky.Pittman at murraystate.edu" <