[NAFEX] Evans cherry

Ernest Plutko ernestplutko at wiktel.com
Wed Jun 16 11:28:19 EDT 2010

I planted four Evans cherries last spring about six inches deeper
than the grafts to encourage rooting from the trunks. They made it
through the winter. The leaves are greener and bigger than before and
there are green cherries.  I never had fruit from Evans. The Evans
planted with the grafts above ground had sparse leaves and I lost
four trees during the winter a few years ago.  There are no suckers
yet.  I bought two more Evans yesterday.  I am going to plant these
trees about a foot deeper than the grafts. I finally found a US
nursery that sells Evans on own roots and I'll buy some next spring.