[NAFEX] netting

William C. Garthright billg at inebraska.com
Wed Jun 16 08:52:39 EDT 2010

> I'm the one who recommended keeping the netting off the ground (by having permanent hardware cloth fencing at the bottom, which the netting overlaps.  It keeps the lower weeds out of the netting and has enormously reduced how many little animals and birds I snare and kill.

Thanks, Ginda! That was really a great suggestion! (Although I just use
chickenwire, and only set it up temporarily, when I net a tree or bush.)

It also makes it a lot easier to keep the birds out, since the edges
seem to be the problem there. And my netting always tends to be just a
bit short for what I want to cover. Three or four foot high chickenwire
around a tree really extends what the netting can cover.

All in all, it's a superb idea. Thanks again!

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

http://garthright.blogspot.com/

--
Being tolerant does not mean that I share another one's belief. But it
does mean that I acknowledge another one's right to believe, and obey,