[NAFEX] sudden death

rob hamilton lostman_amiga at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 15 09:46:45 EDT 2010

This is very puzzling.  This year and last year about the same time in
the season I have had a pear, persimmon mature medlar and quince die on
 me. The leaves will shrivel like some kind of drought stress and turn
brown and die in one season. I see white mycelium at the bottom around
the crown. just under the leaf litter. Other trees and bushes around it
seem to be unaffected

Would this be Armillaria ?  I dont see any mushrooms If so what
 can I do about it?

Robert
North American Fruit
Explorers (NAFEX)                           www.NAFEX.org
Southern
Fruit Fellowship (SFF)
www.NAFEX.org/SFF
Southeastern Palm and Exotic Plant Society (SPEPS)

www.SPEPS.net
California Rare Fruit Growers
www.crfg.org

My New Blog!!