[NAFEX] Unusual June drop behavior

John Bunker john.p.bunker at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 07:45:25 EDT 2010

Hi Sherwin,
When topworking plums, sometimes (or often) one variety will take over
the tree and "crowd out" the other(s).  Bob Kurle - one of the NAFEX
old timers and a mentor to me- alway told me to restrict my plum trees
to one variety each for that reason.  You may also have some other
weird stuff going on because of the two separate species on one tree.

On a slightly different subject, I had 1502 many years ago but it
died.  I would be interested in obtaining scionwood next winter if
that might be possible.  Please contact me off list.

Best regards,
John Bunker
Fedco
trees at fedcoseeds.com