[NAFEX] netting

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Wed Jun 9 10:03:52 EDT 2010

In a message dated 6/9/2010 6:14:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
pete_tallman at hotmail.com writes:

> My favorite netting is the 1/2-inch mesh nylon netting from Lee Valley,
> http://www.leevalley.com/us/garden/page.aspx?c=&p=10444&cat=2,51555It
> doesn't tangle nor deteriorate after several years like some black plastic
> netting. I don't know if this would qualify for "cheap", but I'm willing to cover
> the cost for its quality and ease of use. It's in 12-ft widths, so it
> probably needs two widths tied together to cover the berries.
> Pete TallmanLongmont, CO

You bet Pete! Netting isn't the place to go cheapo. I have one large one
with 1/4 inch rather than 1/2 mesh. There is a world of difference in the two
when pulling over a tree or bush. Branch ends and fruit such as cherries
don't get caught and tear the netting nearly as quickly as with 1/2 mesh. Don't
remember where I got mine but will never again buy 1/2 inch mesh netting.

My advise is spend the extra money. Makes covering much easier and will
last longer.

Jerry