[NAFEX] netting

Sherlock Terry sherlocksmith at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 08:26:21 EDT 2010

I've been wondering about netting this season too. I have an 80 foot
row of old highbush blueberries that I rescued from the weeds when I
bought my house a few years ago. They definitely aren't the half high
varieties, because even with attentive pruning the bushes are about
6-7' wide and 5-6' high.The birds weren't a problem initially but last
year I got cleaned out. I've read that the netting doesn't work well
draped and needs to be supported. Is this true in everyone's
experience? What do folks with large scale PYO operations do? I
imagine I'd be looking at at least a few hundred dollars in raw
materials to build a structure. Is that the only way to go? Does
anyone use row cover? It's pretty reasonably priced. Here's a link to
the lightweight row cover I am considering trying.

http://www.johnnyseeds.com/p-5456-agribon-ag-15-insect-barrier-118-x-250.aspx

-Sherlock
z4 VT Frost warning last night but no frost.