[NAFEX] Green rosette?

Naomi Counides naomi at oznayim.us
Fri Jun 4 10:34:53 EDT 2010

Aphids.
Naomi

-----Original Message-----
From: nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of William C. Garthright
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2010 8:31 AM
To: NAFEX List
Subject: [NAFEX] Green rosette?

This hasn't been a big problem, but I sometimes notice on my fruit trees
(apricots, plums, and pluots, for sure) where the growing tip at the end
of a branch will turn into something that looks rather like a green
flower, with the leaves all bunched together in a rosette. What is that?

I'm guessing that it's probably the result of an insect of some kind,
perhaps irritating the growing twig to make a safe home for itself? I
suppose it could be a disease, but it doesn't seem to spread. And it
doesn't look like pesticide damage.

Anyone know? I'm just curious.

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

http://garthright.blogspot.com/

--
Science is not about control. It is about cultivating a perpetual
condition of wonder in the face of something that forever grows one step

sites.
permission!

No exceptions.
to change other email options):