[NAFEX] OT Corn Salad / Mache Mystery

Rosholdt rosholdt at erols.com
Thu Jan 28 17:20:42 EST 2010

Yes, it is small!  That is why you plant it sort of bed style, and
fairly thickly.  I saw Eliot Coleman go into his cold frame and take a
straight edge knife and cut right at the soil line under a whole bunch
of the little rosettes (cutting so that the root did not come).  Then he
put them in a bag and took them into the house and they made a nice
green salad of them.  I'd whack them up a bit, but I like 1" morsels,
not 3" ones.  Just wash them well and spin 'em.  Voila!  I started out
by exploring, too, and was inspired by seeing a tv program of Eliot with
the Mache.  If you leave a leaf or two, by the way, they may grow back.

Barb
Z7a Piedmont Virginia