[NAFEX] Winter greens - corn mache OT

Naomi Counides naomi at oznayim.us
Mon Jan 25 11:56:20 EST 2010

Yes, That is what happened to me also.. Except it was 4 below.  I was so
pleased with my kale, spinach.. even a little tatsoi.  But it was an unusual
year and I will do it again next year.  I got my celery root and leeks in
before the hard freeze.  The carrots have a bunch of worm damage.  I will be
planting a resistant variety this year.  Just finished the tomatoes we
stashed in the basement.  They were not too wonderful by the end but they
were red.. and that is about what one can say for store tomatoes also right
now.

Garlic is coming up now and Walla Walla onions.

Now about the corn salad...  I planted some once but it was only 4 inches
across the rosette.  That was kind of discouraging.  Is this bigger?  Did I
do something wrong?  How do I do it right.

Naomi

"