[NAFEX] Re 'KUBAN' PLUMS

Richard Wagner rewagner at centurytel.net
Sat Jan 23 12:50:45 EST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: Richard Wagner
To: North American Fruit Explorers
Sent: Saturday, January 23, 2010 11:47 AM
Subject: Re: [NAFEX] 'KUBAN' PLUMS

Jerry,

Which of the three varieties do you have wood from?

I am new to this area and I had to check with our local nurseryman to learn what is the best time of year to bud/graft  around here. He said within  the next month but he has never budded/grafted any plum trees.

The only plums I have propagated have been from cuttings not budding. The only plums I have now are some unidentified trees I grew from cuttings from my last trip to California. I do not know what they are as they have not born fruit yet.so I don't know if they would be graft compatible. Would your scion wood be big enough to root?

Thanks a lot,

Richard Wagner
Rt 3 Box 3422
Thayer, MO  65791