[NAFEX] Anyone know where to get Osage Orange seedlings?

Lucky.Pittman at murraystate.edu Lucky.Pittman at murraystate.edu
Tue Jan 19 20:24:02 EST 2010

To me, bletted = just this side of rotten.

A Maclura fruit that's lain on the ground and gone
through several successive freeze-thaw cycles is soft
and mushy, and it's a fairly simple matter to mash
around and squeeze the seeds out - but I'll caution
anyone to wear some impervious gloves - they stink to
high heaven(and I'm and epert on stink!), and the
smell will permeate the skin of your hands - takes a
couple of days to wear off.
I'm thinking that somewhere I've seen someone
recommend putting soft, mushy OO fruits in a bucket
of water, mashing them thoroughly, and stirring
vigorously - either the pulp floats to the top and
can be discarded, or maybe it's the seeds that come
to the top - though I suspect that viable seeds
probably sink to the bottom.

Lucky