[NAFEX] Pseudocydonia sinensis

kc5gxc kc5gxc at isp.com
Tue Jan 19 19:13:03 EST 2010

My Chinese quince, Pseudocydonia sinensis, has, as Lucky said...exfoliating
bark - like a crepe myrtle. Every one I ever saw also has a twist to the
trunk...think it's something to do with rotation of the earth or magic or
something . The trunk corkscrews.....
>From a seed, takes 6-7 years to fruit.
The fruit get very large, and they are hard as a rock. If one ever falls on
your head.....you have had it.
I cooked a few, and the juice was red and tart, but mealy like someone else
said. Didn't eat much of it.
Easy to grow and never saw any problems here in zone 8. They are very pretty
trees and nice to have around. I have seen fruit with tooth marks on it ,
but never eaten fruit remains from animals...too hard, I guess.
Pete/MS