[NAFEX] old McIntosh

derry&bill wchase at interchange.ubc.ca
Wed Jan 13 18:34:29 EST 2010

The Grist Mill in Keremeos, B.C., is a 'heritage site'.

They want me to reproduce some of the apple varieties which would have
been grown in that area (hot, dry) in the late 1800s, early 1900s.

Which strain of McIntosh would be the one most likely to be grown at
that time in that area?

The following is the list of McIntoshes at the Canadian Clonal Genebank
in Harrow, Ontario (I don't want a spur-strain):

1st gen, Alix, Blackmark, Bright, Caldwell, Gallant, Hamilton Smith,
Imperial, Kempf, Marshall, Redmax, Rougemont, Smithfield, St Hilaire,
Sweet, and Witzke.

It is difficult to google anything 'Mcintosh' with or without 'apple'
'cos all you get is computers!

I'm also looking for King David scionwood. Does anyone have it?

Thanks,

Derry Walsh
South Coastal B.C.