[NAFEX] Pear Thief

Caren Kirk quirky at videotron.ca
Wed Aug 25 22:44:32 EDT 2010

Hi Ethan and everyone else that responded,

I guess you're right they are laughing at me. I think I knew it probably was the squirrels but I was bit surprised - they don't seem to be stealing anything else (apples, cherries blueberries, plums, etc) and I expected to find some debris.

We've had other problems with certain animals (raccoons and groundhogs) and have live trapped them with peanut butter for bait. Haven't tried squirrels though yet, however my in-laws are experts at this (my mother makes interesting headwear out of their tails!).

I have to say I might have trouble killing off the local squirrel family, They're a special black variety, quite rare and I like that they are trying to keep the fatter, bossier greys away.  They were here long before we built our house, so I feel like we took over THEIR neighbourhood. Silly I know.

I'll get the hubby on it, I'm sure he'll have no qualms with pest control!

Thanks to all,

Caren.