[NAFEX] Plant labels

Martha Davis martha_davis at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 28 12:13:18 EDT 2009

I have had problems with some of my labels (both plastic and aluminum
imprint with ball point types) where a squirrel or a bird or something chews
on the tag which may or may not render it illegible and or shredded.  I
wonder if the dymo labeler would be subject to the same type of damage.  I
still have my old steel die letter and number set which will imprint both
heavier aluminum tags and brass tags however you have to hit each die
individually with a hammer and have something like a cement floor backing.
 It is slow, but they are more permanent.  I am shifting to that system for
perminant markers.  Both the tags and the dies are available from The
Company Forestry Suppliers.
Martha Davis