[NAFEX] Plant labels

MARIE ASHTON bwoodtx at verizon.net
Sun Sep 27 17:26:19 EDT 2009

The lowest priced is just to use "Aluminum ID Markers" they can be imprinted
by pressing with a ball point pen. The letters will stay for years. They
come in packs of 50 with wires for tying to the pot or plant for about $5.95
per pack. Try Mountain Valley Growers for these.

If you want something a little more professional try a Dymo Professional
Typewritter that uses Aluminum tape and impresses the letters and it even
punches a hole for a thin wire to tye to the plant or pot. The machine and
kit cost about $170 with 16 foot rolls of aluminium tape refills about about
$6 each. They also last for years.

If you want to go professional try a nursery printer that prints on plastic
or laminate. They start at about $850 and print regular nursery tags with or
without pictures.

Regards,
Richard Ashton
Oak Creek Orchard