[NAFEX] More on Ribes

Lucky.Pittman at murraystate.edu Lucky.Pittman at murraystate.edu
Sat Sep 26 11:02:02 EDT 2009

I've got some emails that Ed sent me, archived on the
computer at work; I'll forward 'em to you if there's
anything good in there.  He's the one who originally
suggested Glenndale to me - and it may have been one
of the varieties he sent several years back when I
traded him some acorns & seednuts for some gooseberry
& currant cuttings.
I've not heard from Ed in at least 2 or 3 years, and
his Northumberland Berryworks website doesn't look
like it's got much more than a homepage, put up in 2006.

I don't remember if Richard Moyer has weighed in on
this discussion or not - he was up in the
Bristol/Kingsport area for years, and did a
sabbatical out at Corvallis, I think, and has grown
several gooseberry varieties.

LLP