[NAFEX] Canning grape juice?

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Thu Sep 24 16:19:52 EDT 2009

For maximum flavor, make raw juice and freeze it.  Next best is to pack
the juice raw and can it.
-Lon Rombough
short, low resolution clip here:
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
A video about The Grape Grower :
On Sep 24, 2009, at 12:32 PM, loneroc wrote:

Hi all,

Does anyone have suggestions on canning grape juice?

If my memory serves, last year I brought the stemmed grapes to a near
boil (no extra water), strained, and added a 1/2 cup of sugar per
quart, then put the hot juice into sterilized jars.  I didn't process
in a water bath.  No one died.  Does this method seem OK or is there
another way to do it---preserving maximum flavor.

loneroc
SW WI USDA zone 3, where I'm feasting on figs these days, and my potted
nafex mailing list
nafex at lists.ibiblio.org

sites.
permission!