[NAFEX] Canning grape juice?

loneroc loneroc at countryspeed.com
Thu Sep 24 15:32:15 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Does anyone have suggestions on canning grape juice?

If my memory serves, last year I brought the stemmed grapes to a near boil (no extra water), strained, and added a 1/2 cup of sugar per  quart, then put the hot juice into sterilized jars.  I didn't process in a water bath.  No one died.  Does this method seem OK or is there another way to do it---preserving maximum flavor.

loneroc
SW WI USDA zone 3, where I'm feasting on figs these days, and my potted peaches are nearly ripe.