[NAFEX] which fruits taste best?

Stephen Sadler Docshiva at Docshiva.org
Mon Sep 21 19:51:56 EDT 2009

Depends on the person, and quite a bit.  I can't stand the bitter of
grapefruit, tonic, gin, chicory, stevia, splenda, cough syrup, etc; can't
stand ginger with sweet things, overpowers them for me. Have always loved
broccoli, artichokes, coffee, bitter chocolate (don't like milk chocolate).
There are many supertasting chefs with a wide appreciation for different
foods. Individual variance is why even the test strips aren't definitive.

~ Stephen

From: nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Mathew Waehner
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2009 12:30 PM
To: North American Fruit Explorers
Subject: Re: [NAFEX] which fruits taste best?

I've read that broccoli is a test for supertasters.  Some people find raw
broccoli to be sweet and mild.  Average people find raw broccoli somewhat
bitter, but don't detect any bitterness in cooked broccoli.  Supertasters
find any form of broccoli bitter.

Supertasters tend to dislike most vegetables.  It doesn't sound like fun.