[NAFEX] which fruits taste best?

M Stanton 6ducks at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 11:59:41 EDT 2009

Comparing how things taste isn't too off-topic. If you've ever done a
taste-test of apples, and you aren't put off by russeting or lack of red
coloration, etc., you know how important taste perception is. I'll eat a
Goldrush over a Macintosh any day.

There is a genetic basis for some of our taste preferences, beyond the sense
of smell.  Have any of you tested yourselves to see if you are
'supertasters'?  Maybe there are preponderances of certain types of genes in
different populations.

Some years ago my husband brought home a jar of Kim chee.  It was supposed
to have been a joke--he really dislikes it.
The joke was on him--I liked it, and every great once in a while I'll buy a
jar.  One of my daughters likes it as well.
If the two of us are eating it, everyone else clears out :).  OF course,
that's partly because of the way it smells.

Michele in Ohio