[NAFEX] Vegemite & durian

Stephen Sadler Docshiva at Docshiva.org
Sun Sep 20 14:35:29 EDT 2009

I think Vegemite is disliked because of expectations.  We're used to butter,
jam, cream cheese, etc. on morning baked goods; creamy and/or sweet.  I
don't crave it, but don't hate it; like it, but don't seek it out.  I'm
Vegemite-neutral.

~ Stephen

From: nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Jwlehman at aol.com
Sent: Sunday, September 20, 2009 5:02 AM
To: nafex at lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Vegemite & durian

In a message dated 9/19/2009 9:05:31 PM Central Daylight Time,
lewisn at georgetown.edu writes:

As an Australian I have to stand up for our
national honor (such as Australia has) and say I love vegemite. We are
fed it from a young age; almost all Australians love it; most
non-Australians hate it.

Friends of ours traveled with Barb & I in Aussyland a few years back. I can
verify that none of the four of us liked nor developed a taste for vegemite.
I personally like durian better. I'm pure American.

Jerry