[NAFEX] King of fruits? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

ADAMSON, Karl Karl.Adamson at apvma.gov.au
Fri Sep 18 00:44:54 EDT 2009

Interesting perspective Donna and getting further off topic, a doctor
told me years ago that children love sweets as they are generally zinc
deficient (because they are growing so much).  Apparently ,zinc
deficiency drastically alters ones sensitivity to sweet taste.

Karl, Australia

From: "Kieran &/or Donna" <holycow at frontiernet.net>

>Our local health food store owner often stocks odd things he finds at
Asian groceries.  I hear he has a bottle of >"Durian essence".  I have
to wonder if it would keep away varmints, or attract them?  My husband
says that the moral >>of all this is that if you date an Asian woman,
you should buy her durian treats instead of chocolate.
>   Have any of you seen the reaction of Asians raised in America?  I'm
assuming this is a genetic rather than a
>cultural thing.  I used to hang out on a support group for people with
Wilson's Disease (copper overload, I was
>interested in it at the time).  Something that came up was that none of
them can smell skunk, it goes with the
>disease.  My husband finds skunk on the dogs a lot more offensive than
I do.  Woman tend to be higher in copper than
> men, and my husband has high iron so his copper is low.  It could be
that durian concentrates some mineral that is
>rare in Asia, or more likely it provides some vitamin or phytonutrient
that Asians don't synthesize as well as other
> races.      Donna

IMPORTANT:   This email may contain confidential or privileged information.  If
you are not the addressee you may not copy, use or rely on the contents of this
email or any attachment.   If you have received this transmission in error
please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this
transmission.