[NAFEX] King of fruits?

Hector Black hblack1925 at fastmail.fm
Thu Sep 17 08:45:59 EDT 2009

We saw a durian at an asian market in either Seattle or Vancouver.  I'd heard it described as the "Queen of tropical fruits" and bought one, packaged nicely in a net bag.  We took it up to our hotel room, everyone gathered around with great expectation as my son-in-law took a knife to open it.  There were these balls of custardy creamy white stuff inside the firmer flesh.  But the odor permeated the whole room in no time.  Smelled like sh*t,  The only one who could get it past the nose was my son-in-law who can't smell at all.  We didn't know what to do with it -  had to get it out of the room as the odor was sickening.  Wrapped it in plastic and paper several times and dropped it off .  Now I understand why some hotels in the orient have signs reading "No durians allowed".  hector black  middle tn