[NAFEX] Sunchokes

Kieran &/or Donna holycow at frontiernet.net
Thu Sep 17 00:13:29 EDT 2009

I'd like the recipe too.  I think that the only reason neglected sunchokes
would die out would be if voles got into them and ate them all up.  that
could happen in a drought as werious as the Tennessee Valley in the late
80's, when ours nearly died out.  I'd think that loose easy to dig soil
would make it easier for the voles to get them all.  We have two varieties,
a long white one and a round red one.  The red one runs half or less the
size of the white, and is really really hard to get rid of.  Little roots
the size of my thumbnail are all it takes to start plants next year.   Donna