[NAFEX] soil for grape transplanting

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Tue Sep 15 11:32:00 EDT 2009

Don't amend the soil in the hole.  That creates an environment as
though the vine was in a pot  and  it won't readily grow out into the
surrounding soil.  Put your soil amendments/mulch on the top of the
soil and let soil life move it into the soil naturally.  You'll have
better long term results.   As  long as the vines get  full  sun it
doesn't matter that much where the vine is planted in relation to the
arbor.
-Lon Rombough
short, low resolution clip here:
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
A video about The Grape Grower :